Tuesday 1 March 2016

February Favourites



Hi Friends,

February was a short but packed full month. I have to be honest and say there weren't many highlights but hopefully March will be better. Today I want to talk about what I've loved make up wise and then a couple of extras at the end!





First up is the Charlotte Tilbury airbrush flawless finish skin perfecting micro powder (is that a long name or what?!). I've ALWAYS used the Mac mineralize skin finish natural... and when I say always, I mean for about 7 years. A LONG TIME. This month I've changed it up and about time too! I find this powder to be less coverage but a really nice finish and it looks much more natural, so I think I'm going to be between the two, depending on how my skin is doing that day. How do I manage to mention Charlotte Tilbury products in every single blog post? I think it's a talent of mine.


Next up is the Bourjois healthy mix serum gel foundation! I've wanted a bit of a fuller coverage this month and it's been amazing. It blended perfectly into my skin and looks very smooth.



The Mac pressed pigment in Moth is beautiful. I know in the pan and swatched on the skin it looks a bit like nothing but with a wet brush on the lids it looks gorgeous, I promise!



For Bronzer, I have consistently been reaching for the Laguna one by Nars. This photo is of a back up one I have ready because my old one is pretty much just crumbs. I've never used a bronzer as often as this one, I think it suits my skin tone well and it isn't too dark for me.



The Hourglass highlighter in Iridescent strobe light is a very sheer pink, without being chunky monkey glitter - which I'm slightly obsessed with! It's my favourite highlighter right now because of how subtle it is. For every day use I would highly recommend it!



Lastly, on the make up front, is the Maxfactor excess shimmer in 20 copper. It's a lovely creamy base for eyeshadow but recently I've been wearing just that on my lid to work because it has a lovely finish. I have a few other colours from the line and they're all a lovely consistency and have good staying power.




Then there have been a couple of extras! I bought this book called Calm at the start of the month which I talk in my post about Coffee Table books! It's by Michael Acton Smith and I think you can get an App that goes with it! All of the pages are beautifully illustrated and I love the photos.



My final favourite has to be something my mum bought me. We went out for brunch one day in a cute cafe back in December and I saw this sign. We asked the owners if they were selling it because part of the cafe was a shop but they weren't. This month she came over to my flat with the sign and said she had found it on the internet for me! I think it was on Amazon, but if you put the picture in google search I'm sure you'll find it. It's such a sentimental gift for that reason, but also, everything truly DOES stop for tea in my flat!

I hope you had a great month!

Love & hugs,



No comments:

Post a Comment