Monday 14 March 2016

Shop my stash!



Hi Friends,

Today I was driving past John Lewis when I was about to do my weekly food shop and thought to myself 'Maybe I should go and look at the YSL make up counter...' then I realised that I would not be able to walk away without my debit card screaming at me for buying MORE make up.


Now, I'm under no false pretenses, I realise I have an obsession. It's easy to go out and buy new products and forget the products that you already have and LOVE. SO, today I went through all the make up I own and reminded myself of what's in my collection. Let me tell you - I found some GEMS. There was a SHAMEFUL amount of products that had never even been touched, so before buying anything new I wanted to spend some more time enjoying what I have.



Firstly, I want to talk about the Laura Mercier foundation primer. I used to use this ALL THE TIME but I've forgotten about it really. I always felt that it was too heavy on top of foundation but I'm barely wearing any foundation these days to maybe it won't be too much? I'm going to try it again and see how I feel about it.



The next product I'm going to make an effort to use is the Too Faced Shadow Insurance in Candlelight. I get into a bit of a rut of using my Mac primers but I want to make more of an effort to use this one because I forget about it too often.



Next I want to mention a product I was obsessed with this summer but then neglected a bit over the winter. That is the Revolution Vivid baked highlighter. I wear the shade peach lights because it's really good for my skin tone. It's really affordable, probably my cheapest highlighter, but also one of my favourites!



I've fallen back in love with 2 Nars products. The blush Deep Throat is a fantastic pale pink colour which has a massive dent in it. It shows how much I used to adore it, so I want to use it more.



The other product from Nars I completely forgot about was the duo in Brazil. These two colours are really interesting and a bit different for me but they're both colours which would really suit my eyes (blue) so I want to use them more. Everyone always says that gold is good for blue eyes and this gold is so pigmented and beautiful.



The palette that I had used much less recently was the Stila in the light palette. I think their eyeshadows are very soft which means that they may not come off as pigmented, but look really pretty and subtle. I want to use it a lot this spring because the colours are really light and pretty.



Lastly, the Tom Ford lipstick in Blush nude. I forget about this product because its at the back of my lipstick stands. I tend to reach for my Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks which I'm obsessed with. But I saw this lipstick at the back and realised I hadn't worn it in AGES. It's a gorgeous pinky nude shade which is great for spring. I've been obsessed with berry tones and darker lipsticks this autumn/winter, but now it's getting a little warmer I'm determined to pick this one out more often!

And there we go - the products I'd forgotten I even owned. Shameful! I will definitely be using these more this month so maybe they'll even make it into my favourites.

I also need to do the same with my other beauty products this evening. My skincare bath product collection is also fairly ridiculous and needs some love and attention!

I hope you've all had a great start to the week!

Love & hugs,

No comments:

Post a Comment