Tuesday 12 January 2016

Seeing Singapore...


Hi Friends,

For this travel Tuesday post I wanted to reflect on one of my amazing trips in 2015. During the summer I went to Singapore with my family and holy-moly, it was fantastic. So in this post I'm going to sum up a few key things I'd recommend if you go to visit! I've picked my top 6. 
1) The first place we visited was the Sungei Buloh Wetland reserve. The views were beautiful and the structure was lovely to walk around.



2) My favourite place in Singapore is Gardens by the Bay. There is a cloud dome and flower dome which are BEAUTIFUL. Outside there are huge tree structures which light up at night whilst music plays. I'd really recommend it if you ever go! 



sk



3) Another favorite day of mine was visiting the ArtScience Museum! They had a Dream Works exhibition which was so interesting for me. I loved looking at all of the illustrations and the way they pieced together layers of images to create animations. Although this exhibition obviously didn't go on forever, I'm sure they'll have something else fantastic in it's place. 




4) One night we went to Clarke Quay with one of my best friends who lives in Singapore. We had pizza and looked at the beautiful views from the bridge. I'd recommend this for night time because of the lights. 



5) We also went to Raffles hotel a FEW times and went to the Long Bar for a Singapore Sling - a lovely cocktail. The hotel is iconic, old and beautiful. It's so expensive to stay there, but you're allowed to go there for a drink even if you're not one of their guests! 

                 

6) The final place I MUST recommend was a life changing experience for me. Slappy Cakes. OKAY WHAT IS THIS PLACE AND WHY HASN'T IT MADE ITS WAY TO THE UK?! You basically have a hot plate in front of you and then you order batter and toppings for pancakes. There are so many types of batter which are flavoured but I chose buttermilk. The toppings list is so long, all things sweet and savoury but my favourite was ham and cheese! 

                   

This has been so nice for me to look over the holiday and time I spent with my family and friends. It's made me start thinking about where I want to go in 2016! 

Love & hugs,


No comments:

Post a Comment