Friday 22 January 2016

5 things you don't know about me :)

Hi Friends,

This week end I have one of my best friends staying who lives in Copenhagen so I'm super excited :) but I still wanted to write a quick post... 

I thought I'd go for a bit of an informal post and talk about 5 things you don't know about me!


1) I no longer see my sister as a sister but more of a friend. I don't know if this is stupid but as I grew up I always saw a separation in family and friendships but now it's merging much more. I suppose it's partly because I no longer live with her so the time we get to spend together is special, but I now see my sister as such a close friendship and I genuinely think that if we weren't siblings but met now we would be amazing friends, as we are! She's so funny and thoughtful and insightful, I find she's someone I really look up to and admire. 

2) I'm not very good at expressing my emotions. I think I've built up a wall from when I was around 15 years old and I've realised that it has only really been broken by maybe 2 people. A lot of my family and friends expect me to be angry about different situations in my life and it's not a feeling I'm good at getting in touch with. It's as if I won't let myself get to an angry place emotionally because I know it's very hard to get out of but at the same time maybe I just don't hold onto anger, it feels like a bit of a wasted emotion. I have the same thing with jealousy, I think being envious of other people is an odd thing to feel... why focus on what they have? It's not going to change your life! 

3) My happy place is definitely my bedroom. It's where I can relax, watch TV, draw, sleep, cry, read, everything. It's my space and no one elses - I love it. 


4) I would hate to disappoint my parents. I don't get any pressure from my parents but I realise that I work so hard and I want to be successful more for them than for myself. I never truly appreciated my parents in the way that I should have when I was doing my GCSEs because it was a very negative time for me. I've always compared myself to my siblings who are extremely academic and resented them for that, somehow in my mind my parents were out to get me during this period of my life. But now I ADORE my parents and am always aiming to please them because I care so much what they think about me. 

5) I am a hoarder. Okay, you may have realised that from pictures in some of my previous posts. But it's true. This might be TMI but I'm going with it, the other day I was getting dressed and I wanted a pair of pants, as I hope we all do in the mornings. I was rummaging through the drawers and found a pair I remember buying when I was about 14 years old. I am now 22. WHY DO I STILL OWN THESE PANTS?! I realise that collecting things is part of an insecurity, but it's ridiculous. I've cleared so many things out recently and it feels AMAZING to get rid of stuff, so I'm definitely on a mission to do some more clearing and I'll make sure to post about it - you hoarders are not alone, I am one of you! We can help each other! 

I hope this has been fun to read for you! Little different from the stuff I normally post but I think it's always fun to share stuff about ourselves or blogs end up being a little impersonal, I know my favourite bloggers/youtubers are those who are down to earth. I would love to see some of you doing this post :)

Love & hugs,




No comments:

Post a Comment