Tuesday 9 February 2016

Travel Make up Essentials...



Hi Friends,

I've already started thinking about where I want to travel this summer and I'm getting really excited. I wanted to post some of my make up essentials for when I go away for a week trip! They're products that I think are perfect for the summer and any hot weather. I know some of you might be thinking 'Lucy what are you chatting. It's bloody freezing'. I don't think I even care, I'm beyond excited about spring summer and now is the right time to be thinking about these products - my traveling starts next month!


1) A bronzer brick



So I know the Bobbi Brown ones are a big favourite and I do love them but actually the Revlon bronze glow highlight palette was a big favourite of mine last summer! It's a fantastic one to try from Boots without making your bank card cry.

2) A highlighting liquid



The Stila one step skin tone illuminating serum is a fantastic product to mix into your foundation to brighten your skin. I haven't given this product enough credit in the past but I need to keep going with it this summer.

3) Eyeshadow crayons



I don't typically use eyeshadow crayons during the winter but during the summer they just seem like a super easy every day fix. I love the Topshop crayons in Rust and Marble, they'e so easy during the day to just add shimmer to my eyes. The alternative, more expensive evening option is the By Terry Ombre Blackstar in Misty Rock. The quality and tone of the crayons are different, but the Topshop ones are still fantastic.

4) A body mist



Personally, I think perfume every day is just a bit much for the summer. I prefer to wear a body mist because it feels lighter. I use the Zoella Blissful Mistful or her Lets Spritz. They're light and not too expensive to be able to wear a lot which is amazing.

5) A pale nail polish



This year the YSL spring collection polishes have just been amazing. I LOVE Peace Green, an amazing colour with lovely iridescent tones in it which I think looks fantastic.

6) A highlighting loose powder



This is probably one of my favourite lose powders, the iridescent one by Mac in 'Silver Dusk', it's far more natural than other highlighters I own which look a tad too 'sparkly' in my opinion.

7) Eyeshadow Pigment



These are great for travel, especially the mini size. Pigments are so much brighter which is perfect for Spring.

8) A big palette



Mac eyeshadow palettes are brilliant for travel. I don't think I've actually spoken about my Mac palettes much but, along side the Naked palettes, they're my most loved an used. When traveling, I can pick any of the colours I love and put them all in one palette for a trip. This way, I don't have to take multiple different palettes, I can fit them all in one!

9) Bright lip colours



There's a few lip colours which I see as perfect for the summer. I'm not so great at wearing light colours and anything that isn't 'berry' toned, I have a bit of an obsession with them! But I'm excited for Spring so I want to take some brighter colours on holiday. These are the YSL colour in 13 and the Charlotte Tilbury lipstick in Amazing Grace.

10) Creamy blush



A perfect cream blush for travel is the convertible colour by Stila in peony. It is a dual product that can be used for lips and cheeks, it's creamy for warmer weather and its packaging is really thin for travel - perfect!

I hope you've all enjoyed this post, please post any of your go-to travel products too below!

Love & hugs,


No comments:

Post a Comment