Saturday 11 February 2017

Has anyone stuck to their resolutions?!


Hi Friends,

As I did last year, I think it's great to check in with yourself at LEAST once a month to see if you're sticking to your new years resolutions!

I actually typically do this about once a week which is a great way to keep on top of my goals and what I want to achieve this year. I'm DEFINITELY someone who is constantly setting goals for themselves and trying to better themselves... lets see if it's actually working!


1) Completing my degree. Obviously I haven't yet achieved this because my degree ends in late May, but I've been to a tutorial (my degree is online so the tutorials are rare) and I really enjoyed it. I've got a few assignments left and then it'll FINALLY be done - I can't wait. I'm getting more into it then I did from October to December so I'm happy with that.

2) Continue to create more of my own artwork. To be honest... I haven't done ANY of my own art so far this year. That makes me sad to think that I did none of my own art in January BUT I did book two art courses. I booked a one week life drawing course and a one week drawing course for August which I'm really looking forward to already. I've told myself I'm going to create more this month because I KNOW how easily it can slip, I did so much in 2016 and it's already slipping.

3) I want to read one book a month - which I've done! I read the Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time which was fantastic. I'm already onto my next book which I'm sure I'll be reviewing soon!

4) Getting back into exercise. Holy moly I've DEFINITELY tackled this one. I exercised 17 days of January and that makes me super happy. I really enjoy running and it's something I've done a lot of so far this year. I need to keep going with it into the next few months to ensure that I stay consistent.

5) I want to run 10k. I haven't achieved this yet (shocker...one month in!!) but obviously with each run I'm getting closer and closer.

6) I want to be more organised. I've organised myself much better during the last two months, with my food shop, social life, exercise routine, work, everything - It's great and I really feel much better when I'm on top of my diary.

A separate resolution I did was to have one date night with my partner and as I've said in my January favourites, we had minimum 2 date nights a week in January and I can't tell you how much better I felt for it. I feel so close to him and I love it.

I also have a travel resolution that I'll go away 5 times this year. I know that's ambitious and a LOT but I managed to do that in 2016 and I loved it. I'm starting to make plans for trips away and there are already a few in the diary! I'm going to visit my friend in Edinburgh, have a hen party in Cardiff, a trip to New York with my mum, a wedding in Birmingham and my best friend and I are organizing a holiday... so it's off to a great start! I'm just hoping that I'll manage to fit them all in and quite frankly, that I can afford them all. I'm definitely overestimating my salary because the price of these trips do add up but if I spend my money on ANYTHING it's holidays. Memories with people are far more valuable to me than any possessions so I want to make sure I travel and spend time with my loved ones.

I hope this wasn't too long and rambly - are you keeping on top of your resolutions? If not - get on it! That's my plan with my art!

Love & hugs,



No comments:

Post a Comment