Wednesday 27 April 2016

My April Favourites!


Hi Friends,

I've got SO many favourites this month because I feel like I've fallen back in love with beauty and make up so make a cup of tea, pause your TV show and get comfy - I apologize NOW for the length of this post!


Lets start with make up. This month I've been falling back in love with make up and I decided that I had to narrow this down to my top 3 products or I'd be here typing forever. First up, the Mac lip liner in soar is gorgeous. It's a fantastic colour match for my lips and makes my lips look so much more on point, people have noticed it and commented so it must be doing something right. I've also been using the Nars concealer. It's creamy and brightening so although I've always been obsessed with their other concealer, I thought I'd give this one a try. Lastly, the Charlotte Tilbury magic foundation is the shizz. This stuff gives fantastic coverage and makes my skin look so much better.

MORE beauty bits! The Hollister perfume in Skyler is just what I wanted this Spring/Summer. I spoke about it in my 'Top 5 Spring Make up Items' post, but I thought I'd mention it again. I was looking for something this light and floral for a while and now I have it! It's really fresh and not too heavy, so well done Hollister - good work.


I actually have more baths than I do showers... a lot of people will thank that's weird, but I way prefer baths, they're so relaxing. In the bath I've been obsessed with the Zoella scrubbing me softly, because the smell is insanely fruity and amazing. I like the smooth, moisturizing feeling I get after I'm out of the bath too. I've also been obsessed with my new shampoo and conditioner from L'Oreal. It's the new clay formula that makes my hair feel like I've just come out of the salon. Never thought I'd be typing about how much I love my shampoo and conditioner, but there ya go!


Lastly for this category, from skincare I've been using the Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream religiously for my lips as a lip balm. I'm not 100% sure that it's meant to be used for that purpose, but when I had bad acne and was on Roaccutane I used it consistently and I've just got back into it.

Final category... random stuff. I've been blasting out essays this month like there's no tomorrow because I'm coming to the end of my degree module for the year - HALLELUJAH. Whilst I'm working I've been listening NON-STOP to Hobbie Stuart's cover playlist. I don't know what it is, but acoustic music whilst I'm working is the best thing ever. His voice is absolutely beautiful and it's made me appreciate the song Hotline Bling which I originally hated. This is a link to the playlist:

I watched the film The Untouchables with my family on Easter Sunday to have some down time with them. I don't talk about this often, but I've mentioned that half the time I'm at work I'm an art technician but the other half of the time I'm a teaching assistant for the most amazing girl who is in a wheelchair. I love spending time with her, she's fantastic. The film is about a man who is in a wheelchair and the relationship that he has with the person who looks after him. I thought that watching this film would be a bit 'too-close-to-home' and that it would upset me, but it is brilliant and I think everyone should watch it. I am NOT into reading films with sub-titles... I'm trying to relax, not read! This is the ONE film I'd have to say even if you're never going to watch any other foreign film make sure you watch this one.


I've been drinking Vanilla Lattes like there's no tomorrow. I actually went into town the other day to get a latte and nothing else. That's not too horrendous because I live less than 5 minutes away from town, but it shows where the addiction has gone. It gives me a fantastic boost and I love it. Last but by no means least is flowers. God I sound old. I spent an unreasonable amount of money on flowers this month and filled my balcony with some lovely ones. They make me really happy as flowers always do, more than they should I'm sure!


If you've managed to get to this point of the post... congratulations. I'm surprised I haven't bored you out of it yet! I hope you've had a fantastic month :)

Love & hugs,


No comments:

Post a Comment