Sunday 8 January 2017

2016 Makeup Favourites!


Hi Friends,

So... it's been a while. Last year was hard for a number of reasons. There was a big grief in my life in June and I just needed some time away for a while. I tried to start back up again in September but everything seemed so fresh still, I'm hoping that this fresh start will be a better one, but maybe not as regular as I used to be, I'm aiming for once a week to begin with.



I wanted to start off the year talking about my favourite products of 2016 - because I discovered some amazing stuff in there! I looked back on my 2015 favourites and realised that I did 15 make up products and a whole separate post for other beauty bits... this year I've squished it all into 13 products. I didn't pick out one of each item (one mascara, one eye liner etc.) but just 13 products I have used and loved the MOST.



First things first - how can this foundation STILL be my most used of the year?! It was my favourite base in 2015 too and it's the only favourite that is in both posts, which says something good about it. The Benefit bigger than BB big easy liquid to powder foundation. What a ridiculous name. It's brilliant, it's not too heavy, it's a lovely consistency and I wear it pretty much every day. The Naked Skin Urban Decay concealer is dreamy. It has fantastic coverage and my horrendously spotty skin LOVES it. I then finish off my face with a dusting of the Hourglass ambient lighting powder in Dim light. I got this when I came back from a summer holiday and I've been in love with it ever since. The glowy finish it gives is amazing - I'm obsessed with it, especially during Spring/Summer.



Next up is making my face look like less of a flat moon. For bronzer I've been consistently using my Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow palette. It's light enough to not look orange on my super pale skin so it's fantastic for me. For blush I have adored Gingerly by Mac. I used to swap and change up my blush quite regularly but I actually haven't used anything else since I bought this which seems a bit crazy to me. All of my other blushes are screaming at me that they're being wasted so I'd better change it up a bit this year... but for 2016 this was a staple item. For highlight I decided that my most used was probably the Hourglass ambient strobe lighting powder in Iridescent Strobe Light. It's a gorgeous pink shade and it isn't chunky monkey glitter - which I'm not a fan of.



For the eye area I got hooked onto the Too Faced Sweet Peach palette. My most used colours are probably Nectar, Luscious, Caramelized, Georgia and Peach Pit. If you can get your hands on this one (as it's being re-released!!!) then definitely get it. I got into the Collection eye brow kit in blonde as the lightest colour is actually a great match for me. I'm slightly addicted to the Charlotte Tilbury Full Fat Lashes mascara. I really like the brush, the finish it gives is beautiful and I can't imagine using anything else.



Lips-wise I picked out one lipstick and one lipgloss (the biggest challenge). The lipstick is the Charlotte Tilbury matte revolution lipstick in Walk of Shame... I know this is getting annoying that I keep mentioning her products but I don't want to be false and pick things from loads of different brands when I actually wear hers the most. This colour is perfect for me, I can wear it all year round and it's definitely been my most worn. I've gone through so many samples of the Clarins instant light natural lip perfectors and this year I decided to actually buy a few full sized ones too! This is the shade 04. It's not like a normal lipgloss, it's moisturizing, sort of a cross between a gloss and a balm. I wear this at least 3 times a week when I can't be bothered with lipstick and the finish is lovely, I would highly recommend them.



Last but not least... the random beauty category. I didn't want to pick any regular skincare items because I've just refreshed my routine and I'm LOVING it - something I'm sure I'll post about soon. But ever since I got the L'Oreal Pure Clay Detox Mask I've used it religiously. It really dries up on your skin and leaves it feeling very soft. I've recommended this one to friends, used it on my flatmate and use it regularly myself. The other highlight has been my Philips flosser. Now... this is a bit of a weird one. My parents bought each other one of these (how cute) and said that they were hooked. It's obviously quite expensive for a flosser but if you're into that sort of thing (which of course... I am.) then I really recommend it. In stead of getting out a gross bit of string and putting that between your teeth twice a day, this shoots mouth wash between your teeth and really cleans them well. I use it twice a day and have really felt a difference in my teeth. It was worth the price!


And that is it my friends! I'm really proud that I've managed to squish it down to my absolute favourites this year. I hope you had a cracking 2016 and that 2017 is even better!

Love & hugs,

No comments:

Post a Comment